Why Bring Your Boat to Sydney, Australia to Sell
We are always surprised how little overseas yacht owners and international cruisers know about the fabulous cruising grounds of Newport, which lies within the Pittwater/Broken Bay region just 20 miles north of Sydney.
Most visiting boats settle in Australia’s northern waters missing out on arguably the most beautiful and safe sailing regions in Australia located in New South Wales.
When considering a home base for your yacht when you’re ready to sell, there are many benefits to settling in the Sydney region and in particular at DBY Boat Sales Newport.
Benefits for Sellers and Cruisers:
- Safe transit with mild Summer weather and regular weather windows.
- Beautiful and extensive cruising grounds.
- From our Newport office, three hour sail to Sydney Harbour, one of the world’s most spectacular waterways showcasing the famous Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- From our Sydney office, three hour sail to Pittwater, one of Australia’s most beautiful and safe sailing regions surrounded by virtually untouched National Parks.
- The waterways of Newport and Sydney abound in free and safe anchorages.
- Deep water cruising with anchorages in sand, mud 3-10 metres in depth.
- Multiple slipping facilities by travelift or trolley including multihulls to 60 feet.
- Large network of marine trades for all types of repair, maintenance and upgrade.
- Pittwater is home of many of the big yacht importers including Beneteau, Dufour, Bavaria, Elan, Jeanneau, Hanse and Catalina.
- Free anchorages, marina berthing and low cost moorings available all year round.
- Just 40 minutes North of the CBD of Sydney by bus or car.
- Low cost supermarket shopping, chandlery services and transport all within easy reach.
- Friendly yacht clubs, local entertainment and lots of local cruisers to share the experience with.
- Newport is a major Australian hub for selling used boats and has the highest concentration of brokerages in Australia where all major new brands are represented.
- DBY head office is situated adjacent to two major yacht clubs and sits centrally within Newport, one of the worlds most beautiful and high density boating waterways in Australia.
- Prices achieved are firmer and turnover faster in Newport and Sydney compared to less centrally located brokerages.
If you want to learn about importing your yacht in Australia, head here
If you want to read more on selling your yacht in Australia, head here
DBM is a full service brokerage for international cruisers wanting to sell. Read here to learn how we can help you with a new boat for sale in Australia